Canada has opened up an amazing opportunity for students from Southeast Asia. That’s you, students in the Philippines! And here’s how you can give it a shot.
Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational for Development
That’s the official name of the scholarship. How much you’ll receive depends on your period of study. You could get from $10,200CAD up to $15,900CAD. The ASEAN scholarship is also open to both undergraduates and graduates.
There is student eligibility and institution eligibility.
Students must be:
- Enrolled full-time in a school in Southeast Asia
- Resident/citizen of a country in Southeast Asia
- Interested in study or research aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
The institution you choose must:
- Be a designated learning institute (DLI)
- Have a valid student exchange agreement, waiving fees for scholarship recipients
- Provide information about unwaivable fees
- Choose a post-secondary institution that you’re interested in studying at. Not all schools will offer programs related to sustainable development, nor will be DLIs, so do your research before choosing.
- You don’t actually do the applying; your school does it for you. Contact your school office. Talk to the branch that deals with study exchanges and/or admissions. Tell them that you’re interested in this particular scholarship.
- Provide supporting documents as needed. This includes:
- Proof of citizenship
- Privacy Notice Statement
- Letter of intent*
- Letter of support from home institution
- Proof of full-time enrolment
- Signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding
- Ranking of applications
- Letter of invitation (graduate students only)
- Submit everything before the deadline. Be mindful that the schools will be applying on your behalf. The official due date is March 3rd, 2022, but if you submit it to the school on that day, they cannot give process your application on time. Give your school ample time to apply for you and be aware of any due dates they themselves might set.
*Letter of Intent – The letter of intent is typically the reason why you want to study in Canada. Because of the nature of this scholarship, you have to explain how your studies will apply to Sustainable Development. On top of that, you’ll have to explain how you can combat poverty in your country.
Source: Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational for Development Scholarship opportunities for students from Southeast Asia
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Exceptional work!